Friday 23 March 2012

TGIF!


Friday morning about 10:30ish I headed towards my usual spot near Cronulla to tryout my new Yo-Zuri egi's. It was a pretty windy day where the wind reached up to 20km/h, so it wasn't ideal condition but the temptation of trying out my new egi's exceeded logic.

Ten minutes in, I realised sometimes it's best to follow your heart as I landed my first squid which was about 17 to 18cm. Not bad for my first catch, but the wind got a little too strong after that, plus I saw my new friend that I met last time catching a 30cm squid, so I decided it was time to change location.

Due to full tide, I couldn't really squid at my usual spot but after a few minutes of long hard WTF do i do moment, I came up with a new plan of attack. The new plan was to get up high on the rocks and cast out to the spot where I usually land my squid. It was kinda tricky at first because of the high wind but as soon I got my groove back, it was on.

My first squid at the new location weighted in about 1.1 kg when it landed, but gave me a fight like a 2kg squid and I loved every moment of it. To be honest, now that I'm thinking about it, I'm getting that itch to head out again but it's just way to windy today. It was dam shame my partner in crime Dr J couldn't be there too, because when I was landing my first decent size there was another two same size squid following.

I caught another two pretty much one after another, and that's when I called it a day to head home. Well, I did manage to make some time to make a little squid educational video, so please check it out. I hope you'll enjoy it.


No comments:

Post a Comment